School logo choices received.
The five choices for our new school logo have now been received back from the designer.
What designs were put into the suggestions box?
We had ten potential designs put in.
- Three focused on the school building (like the current logo). These were all quite similar to each other.
- One was based on the initials of the school, APS, with the P out of shape so it looked a bit like an anvil, (linking to the history of Aberuthven and its blacksmith shops).
- Five were different versions of children / people being nice / holding hands / being friends. Several of these designs looked to have been drawn by our youngest pupils.
- One design was a diamond-shaped shield divided into 4 sections, each section containing about 10 small pictures / symbols of items associated with school subjects.
What has the designer come up with?
He has produced:
- One design including the school building. I would guess this might have to be simplified for an embroidered badge.
- Two designs on the friendship theme (with two slightly different versions of one of the designs)
- He was unable to make the misshapen P / anvil idea work digitally but has made a design based on the school initials.
- He was unable to make the shield design workable as it contained too much detail.
What about the school vision statement?
The designer came up with several ways of incorporating the words “Respect and Opportunities for All” into the designs. One had all the text in a straight line across the bottom of the design and another had the school name in a semicircle/rainbow shape over the vision statement in a straight line with the picture in the middle. At one point there were a total of 28 different designs including every possible picture in every possible text arrangement.
We needed to keep the voting choices to a reasonable number, however, and create something that would work well not only as a letterhead but also as a school badge.
For that reason I have decided to go with the circle of words around the picture, school name at the top and vision statement at the bottom. All the choices we are voting on are in that format.
If approved by the Parent Council at their meeting on Tuesday evening, the designs will be posted on the website on Thursday and voting will start next Monday, Feb 16th.