- School Improvement Plan 2018 - 19
- Parent Partnership
- School holidays and term dates
- Inspection Report from June 2015
- Standards and Quality Report
- School Handbook
- School Information and Forthcoming Events
- The Scottish National Standardised Assessment
- Letters to Parents
- Primary 1 Enrolment 2019
- 'How Good is our School' Parent Questionnaire
- Our Communication Jigsaw
- Emergency Closure Guidance
- Severe Weather Closure FAQs
- Emergency Closure Homework Grids
- The Expansion of Early Learning and Childcare in Scotland
The Expansion of Early Learning and Childcare in Scotland
PKC Education and Children’s Services are working towards the expansion of Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) as outlined in the Scottish Government’s Blueprint for 2020: The Expansion of Early Learning and Childcare in Scotland.
By 2020, all 3-5 year olds and eligible 2 year olds will have access to 1140 hours of fully funded ELC. This means that in PKC most children will experience early learning and childcare in a funded provider for at least two full days a week and some full days for 5 days a week.
As a result of the changes to a child’s experience prior to beginning their Primary School education across PKC, Primary One children will attend school for a full day from August 2019 and therefore will no longer access ½ days for the first two weeks of term. Children will therefore have access to the benefits of full time education and a school meal experience from their first day.